Nightmare Geese (ナイトメア・ギース) is a character used to "replace" Geese Howard in games where he is canonically considered dead. To confirm his "nightmare" title, this version is usually more powerful than the normal Geese, and is marked by an aura of chi energy around his feet.
He is voiced by Kong Kuwata and Tom Bitler.
- Gather Chi: Geese can gather chi energy from Gaia, the mother-earth.
- Sense: Geese can sense the presence of people nearby.
- Energy Projectile: Geese can fire a wave of energy called Repuuken and even fire two of them at the same time. The air version is called Shippuken.
- Energy Attack: Geese can infuse his normal attacks (punches, kicks, etc) with chi energy to cause more damage.
- Cutting Energy: Geese can create blades of energy as seen in his Flying Solar Slash move.
- Energy Geyser: By touching the ground with his hands, Geese can make a geyser of energy come from below the ground. He called this attack Raising Storm or Raging Storm.
- Summon Thunder: With great difficulty, Geese can also summon lightning from the sky. He uses this in his Atemi Nage and Thunder Break moves.
Geese's fighting style remains unchanged.
- Kiss Geese Once More - While never used explicitly for Geese, this theme is used in the "Infernal Gate" stage of both The King of Fighters Maximum Impact and The King of Fighters Maximum Impact 2. The stage is modeled after Geese's "throne room" from the original Fatal Fury.