Original Zero, who appears as a sub-boss in The King of Fighters 2001. He was created because the supervising designer to his character claimed to be dissatisfied with Zero's design in 2000.
Unlike his clone, Zero is extremely loyal the the NESTS syndicate and was disgusted to learn of his clone's attempted coup d'état. He was resting in NESTS's main headquarters during the events of 2000 and was unaware of his clone's actions until later. He was ordered by the leader of NESTS to resume their primary plan of world conquest. Since the fighting data of the world's fighters had already been gathered and saved in the main database of NESTS's computers, the cartel planned to be rid of them and take over the then helpless planet. Willing to clear his reputation of his clone's actions, Zero is commanded to destroy the winners of The King of Fighters tournament. He traps the winning team in a space ship that was disguised as a blimp. He then informs the team about their real destination to NESTS's main headquarters in outer space as well as other information concerning NESTS's intentions. When he is defeated by the player, he urges the team to escape the collapsing ship and presumably dies honorably on board the vessel.
Zero is extremely loyal to NESTS, he would probably be disgusted if he knew of Igniz' betrayal. Although a member of a terrorist syndicate, Zero is also a good man and he likes to raise children.
- The Light Arts - Unlike his clone, Zero has several powers related to Lightness.
- Energy Shield - Zero can create a shield of energy in front of him.
- White Hole - Unlike his clone, Zero can create a small hole that absorbs objects (but not people).
- 0 - The King of Fighters 2001
- Testament of Nests - The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match
- Igniz / Zero After Versus Regular Bonus - The King of Fighters 2
- Zero Clear Bonus - The King of Fighters 2